1. Pied Bush Chat (Saxicola caprata) male resting on his perch at Rajamala (Iravikulam National park, Munnar). Taken on 19 November 2012.
2. Malabar Whistling Thrush (Myophonus horsfieldii) near Silver Cascade waterfalls in Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu on 20.11.2012. One of my first and best shots at this elusive songster!
Both the pictures taken with a Sony Cybershot DSC HX200V bridge camera.
3. Grey-headed Canary Flycatcher (Culicicapa ceylonensis) framed from Rajamala, Munnar in November 2011. It took numerous trials with my Nikon D80 and Tamron 70-300 to get a decent shot.
4. An early morning shot of Magpie Robin (Copsychus saularis) from St. Theresa's College, Ernakulam. Captured with the D80 in 2011.
5. A White-cheeked or Small Green Barbet (Megalaima viridis) trying to merge with the greenery around St. Theresa's College, Ernakulam.
6. A lone Dabchick or Little Grebe (Tachybaptus ruficollis) sailing on the calm, still waters of Kodaikanal lake on 20.11.12
7. Indian Pond Heron or Paddybird (Ardeola grayii) photographed inside the Trivandrum Zoo premises.
8. Photograph of a Black-crowned Night Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax) from Trivandrum Zoo premises.
9. A Little Cormorant (Phalacrocorax niger) photographed near the temple pond at Sreepadmanabha Swamy Temple, Thiruvananthapuram.